Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

Did you have snow on Thanksgiving? I did! We made the trip to Alpine to spend Thanksgiving with Ryan's family - everyone was there except Faron and Jenny. Now you would think with all the fun people that were seeing Ben for the first time that I would have tons of pictures to show for it. Well we definately left with something and it wasn't lots of pictures.
I started out good though - Thursday morning it started to snow and of course the kids all dressed up in their snow gear. Jack and a couple of the cousins were anxious to snow angels which turned out to be mud angels with a dusting of snow but they had a great time doing it. It really was a beautiful sight to see the snow and the snowflakes were HUGE. So I managed to take a few pictures of the snow. Unfortunately by afternoon the sun came out and melted most of it.

I think Jack was one of the first ones outside anxious to play in all the snow. OK so you have to look real closely to see it but it was there. This of course is at the beginning of the snowfall - there really was much more.And I managed to take a picture with Uncle Aaron and Ben sleeping


By Thurs night Jack was throwing up with diarrhea. We decided to leave Friday morning in the event that the rest of us were fortunate to enjoy the same fortune and neither Ryan or I wanted to make the drive back feeling like that. We thought if we made it home it would be better to be sick at home. One by one Amy and her kids, Aaron, and our family have been cursed with the plague. It seemed to be a quick recovery for the kids but Ryan and I for some reason are still trying to recover. You know it just wouldnt' be Thanksgiving without someone throwing up mashed potatos!

2 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

that freaking sucks! Hope your feeling a little better..

The Nelsons said...

I wish we could have been there (but I'm glad we didn't get sick). And that picture of Ben with Aaron is adorable!