Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Is this a good activity?

Christmas is absolutely one of my favorite times of the year. And what makes it even better is having a new addition to our family. Here we are putting up the tree - and it only took us two days to put it up and decorate it. I remember mom always saying how she enjoys sitting and watching the lights. I always thought this was a little odd (sorry mom) maybe its a mom thing but I find myself doing the same thing these days. It seems every year we have the discussion "white lights or colored lights"? I like the white light, uniformed tree. Ryan likes the colored light, mismatched. children made tree. Not that I don't like that as well but I've always thought it would be nice to have the family tree and a "just for looks" tree. It seems like I'm getting less attached to the idea each year. It is pretty fun watching the kids get so excited about decorating the tree and deciding exactly where each decoration would look the best. And I find myself watching the colored lights and feeling very happy.

Can we do the activity now? Activity - Nativity : to a five year old same thing. The boys get pretty excited about this as well. I have 3 nativity scenes. This one was given to us from Ryan's mom when we got married. It is fun to watch the boys decide where the best place for everything is. Somedays I notice that a shepherd or a wise man has moved but I'm sure its just to get a better view.


6 comments:

Wendi said...

I want to see more photos of my new nephew! Where is Benjamin??? I can't wait to see you guys- I definately will get lots of baby lovin time in!
Wendi

Jo Dee said...

holy crap Tam you look amazing. I am going to be put to sham standing next to you. I have no excuses my baby is 2!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Seriously, I was thinking how great you look too- it looks like a fat woman ate me, & I'm tring to find me again somewhere in her. Sean & I always have that white lights & colored lights fight too. But when I finally get a living room & a family room... I WILL have my pretty tree & also a memory tree.

kellibattraw said...

You do look great Tam! Adam loves our nativity too. It's up high so he can't reach it, but he pushes objects over so he can stand on them for a better look and then points to the animals making their sounds or he says "Jesus"! a lot. : )

Nancie said...

Your kids are too cute-- can't wait until you are here!

tamiz said...

What the crappers? You have a blog, comment on mine and leave me no way to find yours!!! Good thing we have a secret "who's been on your blog" site we go to!! Congrats on the biggin'!! He's a cutie. You're almost caught up to me. We miss you guys like crazy! BTW, I have 4 trees. 3 for me and one for all the ugly homemade ornaments the boys bring home that they're so proud of!!