Thursday, September 4, 2008

My #1 Son


Payton's birthday was on Tuesday and I can't believe that he is 9 already! So in tribute to my #1 son I thought I would share a few things about Payton.

He really is a great kid and has a delightful sense of humor. The other night the boys were acting up at the dinner table so Ryan told them that if they didn't stop he was going to have to slap them. Without much thought Payton said " What style?" What do you mean what style? Well you know it could be a ninja slap or a disco slap... and then proceded to show us the different kinds of slaps.
I love to hear Payton laugh. Its actually kind of a giggle and its quite contagious.
Even though he is 9 now and its not very cool to hold his mothers hand he sometimes lets me hold his wrist.
Apparently Payton has a pretty cool shower dance which I have yet to catch him in the act
I love the fact that he loves to tell people about his one normal ear and his one elf ear and how much he is like his dad
It seems as though he has a very low pain threshold - even when I cut his hair you would think that I was beating the child to death the way he over reacts. I think we have heard the phrase "Its the worst pain I've ever been in" a number of times. You would think this would get old, but somehow it never does.
Payton has a great memory (which obviously he got from his dad) especially when it comes to tv shows or video games and if you have a few minutes he will tell you all about it.
He is a great helper and I know he is excited to be a big brother again as long as changing diapers isn't required.
He is very intelligent and apparently much smarter than I am but maybe someday he will realize that I do know a little about some things. I have always thought his he must truly be older than me in spirit. Even as an infant he seemed to be this little man in a tiny body.
He is a wonderful son and I love him! I couldn't ask for a better #1 son.

4 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

agreed :) Payton is one freaking awesome kid :)

Jo Dee said...

I love Payton. We are so sorry we forgot his birthday. Tell him happy belated from the dillards

kellibattraw said...

Oh that Payton is a cutie and sweetie! Tell him Adam (and I) miss him. Hopefully you guys will live closer to us one day. : )

Nancie said...

Payton is too cute, I love the deer in the headlihgt look we see so often in photographs, is love for reading, and his good nature. I alos love how he thinks I live in the smallest house ever built!