Friday, August 21, 2009

GOOD TIMES

I had a great Birthday- thanks for asking. And since I have a husband who is always trying to find ways to surprise me and puts a lot of thought into gifts ...... I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Of course I had to work, but right before lunch this beautiful creation showed up at the office. "Happy Birthday Love Your 3 Sons" This picture really doesn't do it justice but it was absolutely wonderful to eat.


For lunch I met my good friend Jill at The Ground Pati ( a burger joint) and enjoyed a wonderful chicken sandwich and fries. Good food - good company. Thanks Jill for lunch and as always good entertaining conversation.

After work - off to teach class. I think I somehow managed to convince myself that if I exercised it wouldn't matter how much food I consumed. Which for some reason taking the day off of my diet for my birthday has progressively turned into a week long event

After class I met up with Ryan and the boys for some WINGS!! I know it seems like such an elaborate place to go for a birthday dinner ... but I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with the food and there is something about the look on my boys' faces when they walk into this amazing place. There are TV's everywhere even in the bathroom and yes it was the first place they went to when we walked in the door.
So I ate and I ate like I was never going to see food again even though I knew that cake and Rocky Road Icecream were waiting for me at home.



When we got home the boys could hardly contain themselves they were sure that the next gift would make a blog entry for sure.

Yes my friends --- a Snuggie ( not to be confused with the Slanket)
I laughed so hard when I opened this and I loved the fact that my kids knew it would make me laugh and of course blog about it.

So now I can enjoy the comforting warmth of a blanket and still be able to find my hands..... Check out all the things I can do with my Snuggie





I can use a remote control and still be nice and warm





I can hold my beautiful baby





And it's so nice and big that I can cover all of my children at once


Not pictured: I can eat a snack, I can read a book, I can talk on the phone, I can read a newspaper and so many many more ...........

So thank you all for the Birthday Wishes!!

9 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

that so freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! snuggie heaven :) I'm glad you had such a great bday.. & what would be a birthday without stuffing yourself?!!! Love you :)

kellibattraw said...

That made me smile, really big! I'm glad you had such a great day!

Jo Dee said...

that is so hillarious! I am so sad I never talked to you on your big day. I was thinking of you all day I promise. Does a facebook birthday wish count? I love ya tons!

Unknown said...

LOL! Looks like you had the perfect day!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you have not forgotten how to celebrate like a true Lindblom. Chino thinks the snuggie is hilarious he laughs at the commercial every time be sees it.

Jill said...

Wow!! I might have to borrow the snuggie for church since it is always so dang cold in the YW room ! Actually, you need to bring it on Sunday- the girls would laugh their butts off:) That's what I did when I saw your pictures!

Nancie said...

OK I must say that I am laughing right now. A snuggie? You could be the spokesmodel for this thing!

vicki said...

Oh, Happy Happy Birthday to you! I cannot imagine anyone needing a snuggie or a slanket in Louisiana. Better turn you A/C down real low if you want to get any use out of it!

Janet said...

Well I thought it was such a nice gift that I might need to get one for Dad and I this winter--really nice huh??