Monday, January 19, 2009

Just another Sunday

Don't you just love Sundays? Yesterday morning Ryan was off at a meeting so it was just me and my three sons. I had just helped Jack type up his talk. The theme for the month is "We are Spirit Children of God". So Jack and I had worked on this talk and he did a fabulous job explaining how God wants us to be happy and make good choices. Some of the good choices he can make are things like: listen to my mom and dad, listen to the Holy Ghost, Be nice to my brothers etc....
So I had the boys settled a bit and decided to jump in the shower leaving Ben in his swing. No more than 2 minutes had gone by and Payton was pounding on the bathroom door, I could hear Ben screaming in the background and Jack throwing some kind of fit. I yelled to Payton "What in the world is going on"? Well Ben is crying because Jack is crying and it scared him.. "Why is Jack crying", I ask. Payton responds "because Jack hit me"
So I know what you are thinking. Why is Jack crying if he hit Payton? No it's not because he was moved by the spirit and felt horrible for being mean to his brother. You see Payton forgot to mention that after Jack hit him he grabbed Jack's arm and pinched him. Cue the music...... All the world is filled with love when there's love at home......
Hey guess what? Payton has a talk next week!!!

8 comments:

Wendi said...

oh the joy... at least their was no blood involved or holes in the wall.... got to be thankful for a few things LOL
Wendi

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

we'd all live in a quiet house... without big bird or a brother that hits... j/k :) thank God for kids :)

vicki said...

For some odd reason, Sundays are our most dreaded and chaotic day of the week. Duane and I just really dislike Sundays. I know that sounds awful but the worst things always happen then. I was supposed to teach RS yesterday but instead I came home at 9:45 with Andrew because he had diarrhea but didn't make it to the bathroom. These things always happen on a Sunday. I am very glad no one was bloodied as well! I guess we must all just press on!

Nancie said...

sounds like another wonderful day in the life of a mom. It's a good thing those boys are just so darn cute and loveable--98% of the time.

tamiz said...

It never ends with boys!

kellibattraw said...

Can't a mom ever have a moment of peace?! : ) They say we should appreciate every moment with our children because they grow up too fast. : )

Janet said...

I agree with Kelli!! I can't believe I used to get stressed over Sundays, too. Now I wish I could do it all again. I sure loved all you kids-98percent of the time, too
Hang in there!! Before you know it the boys will be in college, on a mission, or better yet, married with kids just like them!! Ha
MUM