Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Look at her garden grow!

This is our front yard planter with my gorgeous squash garden. We planted yellow squash and zucchini this year and have had an overabundance of squash which we love! I went to Alpine last weekend to see my man and boys and to celebrate Mikey's birthday. While I was gone it rained and my squash went a little crazy. This is what was waiting for me when I got home. Isn't that just the most beautiful sight you've ever seen. It feels like an accomplishment to me especially since I seem to kill any living plant or flower I come into contact with. I've never thought of myself as having a green thumb but hopefully I'm getting better at that. And yes - it seems we pick about this much every day. Now if I could just get my kids to enjoy eating the stuff without gagging.

8 comments:

kellibattraw said...

Oh how I wish I could help you eat those! And, I wish our plants actually had produced something. : (

Jo Dee said...

Hey Michelle has run out here of zucchini I sure hope you are bringing some to Az!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

fry it baby... thats what Michelle did & I couldn't get enough of the stuff... ranch & fried zucchini!!!

Michelle said...

Those are HUGE!!!!!!!! Janet:.)

Jo said...

I saw your sisters blog on my sisters blog. How are the Nelson's? It has been a long time. Payton is so BIG!! When there is lots to say but no time. you can read my blog for some Skinner info. Have a good one.

Wendi said...

HOLY COW! mAYBE SOMEDAY i WILL ACTUALLY TRY TO GROW SOMETHING- WHO KNOWS. We are sad that you aren't here. Julia's shower was great and she got lots of cute things- wish you could have been here. Love ya bunches
Wendu

Nancie said...

Hey Tam
I had not been on your blog for a while. I love the new background. Your plants look great- and by the way I miss you. It is always nice to have you here in the valley.

Michelle said...

As impressive as these are... I have now viewed them 10,000 times while visiting your blog for a new post. Please share your interesting life!!!!