Friday, February 1, 2008

Boys will be boys

So the other night I was doing my duty as a mother/hygienist and flossing my children's teeth as I was getting them ready for bed. I flossed Jack first and as I was flossing Payton's teeth, Jack decided to do some ninja moves and landed on his face on our tile floor. While screaming and crying he stood up and at first I wasn't sure what exactly was wrong. What I mean is that there was so much blood that I couldn't tell where it was coming from. And as I'm sure you can imagine - the hygienist in me was concerned that a tooth was lost in the process. Needless to say after I stopped enough of the bleeding to see what the damage was I figured out that he had bit his lip completely through and through. So of course I had to take a picture of my poor child in pain. Yet somehow he still managed to try and smile.





I know it looks painful doesn't it?


This one is of how it looked the next day - I know you can't see it in this photo but he had a huge traumatic ulcer inside his lip as well as being black and blue



Even though I am well aware of the healing process of the mouth I am still amazed at how quickly he recovered. It has only been a week and it looks like nothing ever happened.

2 comments: