Sunday, July 13, 2008

So yes I do realize that it has been about 2 months since I have posted anything so get off my back! I guess I'll start with the latest and then maybe randomly put in some old news. So the 4th of July we had a full house. Ryan's brothers Aaron, Faron and wife Jenny, Mikey, and Amy's boys (Nathan, Jackson, and Thomas) were visiting and we had a blast!!



Aaron made a giant slip and slide for the boys and they spent several hours playing



Some in action photos



Payton and Nathan enjoying the pool - goggles a must!




Thomas and Jack crashing into eachother

Now of course the real fun came the night of the 4th when we blew things up. Since it is legal here in New Mexico to do so the men purchased enough to keep us entertained for a good 2 hours. However I think the highlight of the night was blowing up Homer Simpson. Ryan had a brilliant idea to give a Homer pinata to Faron and Jennny on their wedding day. Well that was about a year and a half ago so Homer made a visit to our house (courtesy of Mikey who I'm sure was glad to have it out of her garage). I'm not sure how it was decided but the idea was brought up to shove a bunch of fireworks in Homer and blow him up. This could have turned out to be a disaster but it certainly was entertaining.

Here is what Homer looked like to start out with

This was after a large amount of blackcats were set off inside Homers belly which clearly was not exciting enogh so.......

Someone had a brilliant idea to put mortars in Homer - in case you don't know what that is - those are the big ones that shoot way up in the air ..... you know the ooh and aah ones.

OK kids definately don't try this at home

All in all ---- Good times!!

8 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

ahh.. good times. I'm sure if we lived near you Sean & Ryan would be the best of friends! Blowing things up & fireworks are Sean's middle name, besides camping & 4 wheeling. Glad to see some new pics... lets see a belly pic now :)

Jo Dee said...

Tammie bo bammie... I miss ya... I loved seeing the pictures of Homer. I could just hear him yelling DOH!!!!

Wendi said...

I am sooooooooo glad to see that you FINALLY got some new photos of the Nelson clan on there- it was about time! Can't wait for you to get here- we are planning the sisters weekend and it will be ever so fun! Love and miss ya
Wendi

Nancie said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST! Can't wait to see you all in August. I miss you!

Nancie said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST! Can't wait to see you all in August. I miss you!

kellibattraw said...

Hey Tam-
I just tagged you on my blog : )

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

oh... I tagged you too :)

Janet said...

Yes!!!! Looks like the family had a good time!! SEe you this week
LUV
MUM